Tuesday, May 4, 2010

We are artists!

Here's a picture of some painting we did today...and by we I mean Little Dude and Munchkin. I was simply an enthusiastic supporter. :) This isn't the best picture, but it's late and I'm trying my best to get into bed before it gets TOO late! So this will have to do.

The picture on the left is Little Dudes. I always ask him, "Tell me about your picture." And today was the first time EVER that he took a minute and then told me it represented something (a horse!..usually he just describes what he'd done...dots here, red there, batch of green over here, etc). I don't know if he was trying to paint a horse (I think probably not...but who knows) or if he was painting away and when I asked him he realized that, 'hey-this looks like a horse!' And it kinda does. He pointed to the part at the top right for the head and all the crazy lines on the left when I asked where the tail was, so we say-Not Bad Little Dude!

Munchkin took a bit to figure out this whole water colour painting idea...and once he did he kinda stuck to blue and black. :) But he had lots of fun and enjoyed putting it on the fridge and taking it off...multiple times! Right now everything is back and forth straight lines....we'll enjoy watching him graduate to circular movements. As long as he has fun, I'm good! :)

No comments: