Monday, May 10, 2010

It's Spring!!

Just a quick post to let you see what we did this morning. I've been fighting a nasty cold the last couple of days so frankly I'm impressed we managed to do anything productive this morning. In reality all I really wanted to do was sit the boys in front of a television show and stay in bed AS LONG AS POSSIBLE! I know all you mothers out there know exactly how I'm feeling. The fact that I'm pregnant and can't just zap this bug with as many extra strength drugs as possible is not helping matters. So I'm doing my best to put off the 'natural wo-man' who naturally wants to sleep all day until this cold is gone and try to be a good Mommy. Today that meant sanding drywall mud hoping to get to a point where I can paint this week, and doing homeschool for Little Dude. We did a science activity this morning...here's some pictures.




Little Dude helped with making some of the paper pots and then I made the rest while he filled them all from a large potting container out on the deck. We planted chives in one end and cilantro on the other. We use LOTS of cilantro in our cooking and I'm looking forward to having fresh leaves right outside my door. I haven't really been using chives much, but do if I have fresh ones on hand. There are 30 little pots in this box and I have a couple more boxes to use. I've just lined it with waxed paper...we'll see how that goes. I still have onions and carrots and tomatoes to plant. I'm also going to try to do my own little potato plot bordered with basil. Mmmmm...fresh herbs. :)

Last week at our local playgroup the boys planted their own sunflower seeds...and they're growing!


So, you may wonder what Munchkin has been up to this morning. We're trying to begin potty training...he's not as interested as Little Dude was but I'm even more interested than I was when training Little Dude! So here's a picture of him in his training pants...it's lunch time and he's in his 4th pair. So you can see how well things are progressing. :)

No comments: