Sunday, May 30, 2010

Oh Sunday, Sunday....lala, lalalala

Here's a reno teaser...heehee...

My $6/roll wall paper and $5/panel curtains. Love how they look together, and once we finish the last window in that room and hang the curtains there I'll take a picture of the whole room. Until then, share my satisfaction at how well the curtains go with the bits of gold leaf on the wall paper. Ahhh. :) Have to admit my livingroom is seeming much more me and much more grown up than the 70's dark yucky stained wood that used to be there and the ghetto curtains I'd sewn. Well...they weren't EXACTLY ghetto, but they weren't fabulous....these are much better. And frankly they probably cost me as much as the previous ones. I'd bought the fabric at Len's Mills for $1/metre...but they weren't really curtain fabric and it showed...lol.

Last night we finished 99% of the renos and then went to a ward dance. This meant I was TIRED. Sunday morning my internal alarm clock went off and I woke up long before anyone else. I decided to use the time to finish a project that I've been trying to do for several weeks and for whatever reason just haven't been able to get around to it. A friend of mine writes a rather widely read blog. For her birthday she asked her readers to send her works of art that they have made themselves, whether they regard themselves as artists or not. And I thought to myself, "Eh...why not?!" So I decided to do an oil pastel for her....but it took me FOREVER....to finish. Anyway...here's a picture of what it looks like...if any of you have been in my parents home, they have one in a similar style....just FYI.


And I decided to do a couple of quick videos of the boys. Here's Little Dude explaining why he took down his (and Munchkin's) jackets down.



The video of Munchkin will be on the next post....it's not fitting here...maybe it's a 'bit' too big. :)

Latest funny from our life?....we recently paid $15 more on our satellite bill than normal, when I checked the usage I saw we'd paid for "Girls Gone Wild:Dormroom". Downside?-apparently they can charge you for porn you've never watched. Upside?-our bill next month will be $15 cheaper!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

OMG Mary I want the coat rack sooo badly! I am so envious! lol

Mary and Eden Z said...

LOL...I've had it for years! I have to admit I love it too.