Sunday, May 16, 2010

So we are trying to make our house look lovely to prospective buyers. Today we have mostly finished the living room. I needed drapery for 4 big windows, paint, and wall paper. I have to tell you how excited I am about how it's looking. I have a bit of trim and touch ups to do and then I'll post pictures. For now I just have to share my shopping deals! I bought the paint and wall paper at the Restore. This is a store run by Habitat for Humanity. You know, the people that build houses for other people. I bought 2 cans of paint for a total of $15....both the same colour of white-cotton ball. (I'd love to have a job naming paint colours, it seems like fun.) The wall paper I saw at Home Depot for $27.98 a roll. I bought it at the Restore for $6 a roll and only needed 2. And now for the drapes. I was sure I was going to end up biting the bullet on this one and paying more than I wanted to but it needed to get done. So off we went....and the Jysk store had some on sale, $5 definitely fit my budget. I was even more surprised with my deal when I read the back of the panel and it's regular price was $59.99!! So I bought the 8 I needed and we headed home. (We also bought some paint for our bedroom...only $7.50 for the can.) I was excited, but had one worry. I hadn't brought any samples of the wall paper with me to make sure the curtains would coordinate. So, with some trepidation we pulled out one of our $5 panels to hold up against the wall papered wall....and.....IT WAS PERFECT! I am loving the look and hope others will as well. :) That's all from Home Reno Central...pictures coming soon!

No comments: