Friday, March 4, 2011
Thoughts
I spent 4 hours today at a new friend's house. Her son and Little E are in the same church class and I found Little E was feeling a bit like NOT going to church. (Not really an option for him at this point.) I thought perhaps the biggest reason he didn't want to go is that his best little friend is in the OTHER 5 year old class and he didn't have a friend in his class. Hench the playdate today with this new little friend. I hope that over time this will enhance his Sunday experience. :) While the boys played his mom and I got to talking. She is currently developing a children's book (which I edited while I was there) and she asked me if I ever did any writing. Blog posts aside, I do and yet rarely do I ever finish what I start writing. Sometimes it's because what I start out writing seems exciting and after a bit I read back over it and think to myself, "That's not very good." Then I stop and I've added yet another story start to my long pile of 'starts'. The other problem is that trying to get published is a combination of winning the lottery and seeing who can suffer rejection the longest. I'm not big on rejection. I prefer acceptance and adoration-not something in large supply in the publishing world. (Unless you're someone like Robert Munsch or Stephanie Myer.) However, after our conversation I'm beginning to think that maybe I should be putting my imagination (and typing skills) to good use. Perhaps if I finish something and work on it to have it prepared for publishing I might be able to get somewhere. By never finishing anything I am certainly ensuring that I WON'T get anywhere right now. Ugh, the ANGST! So in the future do not be surprised to find an exert for your perusal posted here. Be assured that if I do manage to work up the courage to do so that I am NOT expecting adoration but sincere criticism. You have been forewarned. Constructive criticism will be encouraged, vague comments like, "I really liked it." will be heavily discouraged. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment