This is my first ever How-To post! Today I was very productive, well I guess more like
relatively productive. However, I did finish a crafty project that I'd been thinking about for the last couple of weeks. Thinking because I had to figure out how I could do it on a slimmer budget than even the lady who gave me the idea! Mostly it was how to do lettering when I don't have access to vinyl lettering nor the funds to buy some. I figured it out and I'm going to
share!! But first some very belated pictures of a very belated cake. I made a chocolate mayonnaise cake, but added some apple sauce and an egg. Let me tell you, divine doesn't even cover it...so chocolatey and so moist but firm...mmmmmmmmmmm. I could go on and on, seriously, I could, but I won't. Here are some pictures of that evening....
 |
| Big E did half the decorating, not bad eh? I'm giving serious thought to signing up for a cake decorating class. My imagination is miles beyond my abilities! |
 |
| I didn't realize they were sitting in front of the wrong number. I think Munchkin was happy to blow out whatever candle was in front of him, but Little Dude was ONLY going to blow the 5! |
 |
| Someone asked me how I get things done....here's how, see that fashionable timer on my right shoulder?? It keeps me going...10 minutes here, 10 minutes there, it all adds up! Still not perfect, but I'd be lost without a timer! |
 |
| I know, flattering eh? That blood clot did result in some weight gain to my dismay. BUT I'm always telling Big E that if there are no pictures of us the kids may not believe we were there! Here is where Sprout spends his time when I'm gungho about getting stuff done. Doesn't he looks super excited!? :) | | | | | | |
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| Here is what you need to begin. A plate (plain), some mactack (or vinyl lettering), lettering, x-acto knife (how do you spell that anyway??), and a permanent marker....fine tip...not in picture. |
 |
| Get your lettering where you want it. |
 |
| Trace the lettering with the marker and then remove the paper at the back. Cut out the lines you've traced and fill in with the black marker. |
 |
| VOILA! Then write in your menu in dry erase marker. The lady who did this originally had her dry erase pen velcroed to the back of the plate...a great idea if you don't have little kids who would find it eventually and draw all over your walls...so I didn't. |
Poor Sprout had a big day and he crashed while I was making what is obviously Monday's dinner after looking at the menu!
1 comment:
Great job Mary! I love your ingenuity for working on a tight (or no!) budget. I always love trying to do that, but you've way surpassed me! Hugs!
Post a Comment