We bandaged Big E's bleeding wound and focused on using clean cloths for wounds and applying pressure to help the bleeding stop. We need to work on tying knots next I think. So much of basic first aid relies on tying a knot or two. :)
Little Dude has been working on an art project. He's not quite finished, I'll post a picture of it when it's all done, but thought I'd show you his progress thus far.
He cut up a food magazine, trying to avoid letters. Then we collaged a Dollarama canvas completely covering the front. He wanted to try rockets, so we picked a couple of rocket shapes to trace.
Once the shapes were traced he carefully painted around them...with a little bit of help. He wants to add some white dots for stars and then we'll do a protective coating before hanging it on his wall.
I've had my own project of sorts. In an effort to be frugal (what else is new), I have been wanting a white board in my 'school room' (aka the dining room) but didn't want to pay for one, or didn't want to pay much. Finally a light bulb went on...
First of all, here is where I wanted the board to hang, right under the clock. I wanted the lettering gone and of course the stuff I'd taped up would come down.
I remembered that Big E and I had bough a HUGE picture frame from IKEA ages ago. I decided that it would serve as a white board...but it wasn't white. Thought I would put a piece of fabric in the middle. The question then was whether to iron the fabric or leave it a little wrinkly. I decided on the latter, liking the texture that it has in the room (which doesn't really come out in the pictures).
Here it is hanging up. What you can't see is in the bottom left corner under that stool is a blue rubbermaid tub full of Little Dude's school stuff. So it is all in one spot, not spread around. Contained. An important factor in our home. But I wanted more...and since the school would cover the cost...
| Big E was impressed with my craftiness and so he left me a message. :) |
3 comments:
I love it when I find stuff to repurpose! Looks fabulous! I have to say I'm a bit jealous...as my chalk board/dry erase board didn't turn out as I had hoped...yet. ;)
Looks great, Mary!
Always great to see your posts Mary!
Post a Comment