Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Education continues

Little Dude is 4 and I have some precious time to determine what my educational philosophy is and how to implement the kind of homeschooling program that will promote the kind of student I believe is possible. This involves a great deal of learning and self training on my part. I have heard more people say, "Since you're a teacher it will be easier for you." Not so! Teaching in a McEducation set-up in some provincial school is vastly different than deciding your own curriculum, your own philosophy and then holding yourself accountable for achieving that. I can't think of anything more daunting (other than parenting-and this really is an extension of parenting) and more fraught with the possibility of guilt laden memories! On the other hand, any worth while venture has inherent risks and also amazing pay offs. If I can achieve my goals, even on a modest scale, I will consider it a crowning achievement. One thing I do is pay attention to those experts out there who are crying out to the world for a radicalization, a revolution in education. Their words buoy me up when I feel like this insane plan I have is just too much. Here is an example of one such presentation...I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.


No comments: