Monday, November 23, 2009

Today has been a good day thus far. I started the day off by Visiting Teaching. I get to visit some really fun sisters and so LOVE to go. My partner is pretty great too. So, off we went and visited while the boys played. I took my companion's daughter with us in the car and while we were driving, she asked what the black thing was on the dash. I told her it was a GPS, otherwise known as a Global Positioning System. Little Dude piped up to say, "It says go left, go right." WOW. I've never told him what it does, he's just seen it working.

On my way back I had a pretty in depth discussion with one of the women I visit (we had all gone to visit at one farm and I was giving her a ride back), and my heart hurt when she described everything she is struggling with right now. I am a fixer and I wish I could fix things for her. She is a sweet woman and I hope she finds the road before her smoother than she suspects.

ANYWAY...I got home and knew I needed to get going on packing. 6 weeks in Ontario over Christmas - is there any way to pack everything I might need for that amount of time? And I'm hoping that Big E will be ok with us gone. He's not big on being home by himself, he likes the cacophony that we create! :) On top of it all, he has to take the bus home because of a scheduling mix-up that meant his flight was on the same day as one of his final exams. I know he's going to be REALLY glad to get off that Greyhound!

Pictures will be coming up....highlights-Christmas ornament decorating, and the bucket-head boys!

No comments: