Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas Ornament Extravaganza

So I started preparing for Christmas in November by painting some ornaments. I haven't done this in awhile. My mom started it back in 1994 and she has painted ornaments every year since. I have not been that diligent. I was looking at all of them this year while I was back in Ontario and think she needs to find a way to display them because they have become small works of art that really highlight important events from that year. For example, she did one for Dad the year he had heart surgery...and it is pink, with an anatomical heart and surgical instruments painted on it. I started with an ornament for a family who lost all of their ornaments in a fire....they have a farm and so while it wasn't super Christmas-y...here it is...

And here in a mish mash are some of the others I did this year. One for Big E that had his college's name on it...and one for Big E's parents with their country's flag...AND...one ornament that Big E made...it's the red one...take a gander.





There is a Canadian flag on the other side of this one.


Some I painted before we came East and some were done while we were visiting our families during the holidays. But what fun it was....so, why don't I do this every year??? I need to get myself in gear!

No comments: