Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Presenting the Copper Princess!

After a tiring day at the zoo, we got home and put everyone to bed.  Around 5:30am I woke up not feeling great...didn't take me too long to recognize my lovely friend, back labour!  So...decided to draw a nice hot bath.  The idea was not to go to the hospital too early, for 2 reasons.  One, so that I could stay where I was most comfortable as long as possible, and two so that the medical professionals had as little time to mess around with me as possible.  You might think reason number 2 a bit over the top...but my luck with medical professionals involved in my delivery's has not been great.  Finally I woke up Big E with the news that things were moving along and we needed to get the ball rolling - make the phone calls and get into the car.  We got to the hospital and you have to walk through the doors, down a relatively long hall way to the elevators and go to the 4th floor.  (I'm OBVIOUSLY in labour by this point.)  We head to labour and delivery and then get told that we've got to go over to induction/examination first.  So we head down a different hall and get told, once we get there and I'm kneeling and leaning on a chair to get through a contraction, that because I'm a midwifery patient I actually have to go back to labour and delivery.  (SERIOUSLY!?!?)  SO...back we go.  They put us in the room at the very end of the hall way...it's like they wanted to make sure I walked a lot...lol.  The midwife got there, thanks to traffic, just in time to catch our Copper Princess who was born at 8:31am. 


 We get her all dressed to go home...little did we know that the medical professionals would appear and we'd be staying our 24 hours after all.
 But all the nurses liked seeing her in her little outfit, "OH!!...we never get to see them dressed up like this!" they would tell me.
 All 8lbs 1oz of her...my biggest baby!

 Proud brothers came up later in the day to meet their sister.

 Except Sprout was exhausted by the day he'd had and never woke up!
Then they left and went home, I slept over night and talked with the doctors.  One came in and checked a couple of things and then asked, "Has anyone ever told you that you have a heart murmur?"  My first thought, after answering, No....was "Dang it, I KNEW I should have had this baby at home...every time I'm in a hospital they go searching to find something wrong!"  So in about a month I get to experience my first electrocardiogram...which I'm relatively certain will find nothing at all. 

No comments: