Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Homeschooling

Two weeks ago Big E built a wall.  And it has been LOVELY.  He created a room in the basement so that the kids could go downstairs to play, but all the chemicals, storage, and tools were locked away behind the wall.  Yippee!  First picture is what used to be our dining room...and you can see I haven't gotten around to tidying and putting things in their place.  But it is now the school room.
 Here is our new dining room...using what used to be our little playroom.  It's one half of the living room in actuality.
 This would be the other half of our living room.  My dream is a couch with cushions that are connected and don't come off.  The kids all think it's fun to pull the cushions off and play with them-created instant mess.
 First side of the downstairs playroom.  The beds you see (the orange ones) are a day bed and trundle.  We used to have a little blue pull-out couch there....but Big E took a hammer to it and literally hammered it to pieces.
 The other half of the playroom...and behind that wall is a GIANT mess at the moment.  I'll spare you.  :)


We have been doing pretty stellar on the homeschooling front lately and I'm all in gear to find the curriculum to use for next year.   SO fun being the teacher and getting to CHOOSE curriculum (with the input of my students of course)!  I don't remember if I told you that Munchkin is now a Kindergarten dropout.  He liked his teacher...he was even excited to show me the work he has done in his class.  But when it came down to it he did NOT want to go.  Really did not want to go.  So when someone asked me if I was sending him because it benefited him or because it benefited me...I had to admit to myself that the answer was neither.  And so he's joined Little Dude in home-school.  They are both happy as clams about that. Today we did some painting...all 3 of us.  I'm starting on a project and based on how limited my personal time is I think it might just take me forever to finish it...but today I got started anyway.  Little Dude painted a stick he picked up on our park hike Tuesday (and which he has decided is a dog...it sniffs, it sleeps, it goes for walks), while Munchkin painted some rocks.

We absolutely painted outside, it was BEAUTIFUL today!
 The stick, the rock and a pine cone.  He left the pine cone outside....not sure why.  But he brought the rock back in.  And of course our 'dog' came inside.  sheesh.
 The start of my project...lookin' pretty neat I think.  :)

And finally....a link.  Sprout was getting a piggy back ride from Little Dude, I only caught the end of it.  Lots of hellos and smiles.  Wish we could give them in person!
Sprout's piggy back ride and a song.

No comments: