Saturday, July 2, 2011

Canada Day!

 Cute little Canada Day bows in Little Dude's friend's hair.  For Canada Day we got together with friends for a late dessert (pictured below) and then went to see fireworks.
 Dessert was our traditional Canada Day Cake (although Big E doesn't like whip...so I also baked pies this time.)
 See!?  Lovely home made pies.  I was running a bit (ok a lot) behind and Big E wanted to know why I just hadn't bought pie shells from the store.  I looked at him aghast and sputtered, "If I'm going to go to the trouble to make pies, why would I ruin them with a store bought crust!?"  I find it SO disappointing to bite into a pie and taste a crust that is like cardboard.
 Crash, boom, bang.  We all LOVED the fireworks.  The best fireworks I have ever been to were in Windsor Canada.  They would send barges out onto Detroit river and their fireworks display was unlike any I have ever seen.  This came the closest to my Windsor experience.  Maybe one day I'll get to go back and sit along the river (with the rest of the entire city it seems) and watch that amazing display.  Little Dude has had no such comparison and he thought these were a smashing success!
 One of the friends we were there with...everyone else gave me goofy pictures and it would serve them right if I posted them...but I'm not that evil.
 Munchkin watched the fireworks with his dad on the other side of the field because right before they started he piped up, "Mom, I have to go PEE!"  :)  Off they went and returned when the show was over...so I didn't get to see him ooo and ahhh over the fireworks.  He did have fun waving his flag though.  :)

No comments: