Monday, April 25, 2011

Good Friday

What a lovely day.  Big E didn't work (he doesn't on Fridays) and we took a family trip 5 minutes away to the world's largest mall.  :)  They have a small aquarium there and a sea lion show.  We did both.  The boys LOVED the show, Munchkin especially watched with eyes wide.  We got to sit right up front and the sea lions were only a step away several times.  At the end of the show they announced that you could have your picture taken with a sea lion (for a fee) and we thought, "What the heck?!"  Both boys went up and stood next to the sea lion and all around us we heard people saying how cute they were (which made us smile), and they even got applause at the end of their picture!  No one else got applause after they were done their picture.  I'm quite serious.  I know I think my kids are cute...I'm supposed to.  I'm still a bit surprised how many strangers think they are cute and I hear that from friendly people in stores or on the street pretty much every time I take them anywhere.  You think I'd be used to it...and I suppose I am a little. But the applause was a bit surprising and had me chuckling.  Here's their picture with the sea lion.

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is the cutest picture ever!! Kids and animals what could be better???