Friday, October 23, 2009

Babies, babies!

My cousin on my mother's side gave birth to her first little boy Wednesday morning. All reports indicate he is alert, perfect, and SO cute! I am excited to see him, but we'll wait until she is out of the hospital and settled at home before we bombard her. I remember bringing Little Dude home and trying to figure out nursing and sleeping. I think it was a blessing in disguise that we had to be in quarantine for the first month we were home. Our ward at church was even warned not to ask to hold him and so I didn't have to deal with acquaintances asking, "Oh, can I hold him??" I have to admit I was worried about that a bit with my first! So we will give her some time to settle in and then go see the new little bundle.

Some of you may be wondering where I am these days mentally....have to admit that sometimes I wonder! In all seriousness I am enjoying the blessings that surround me. Today has been a gift from the 'good-day-fairy'. Little Dude spent the morning cutting paper at the table (he's never asked to use scissors before and this morning he said, "I need scissors and paper."), Munchkin played trains in the living room, I was able to clean and have a shower before getting them ready to go outside for a walk. It has been a calm and happy morning. A bonus was that I got on the scale and saw my weight -10lbs...certainly can't complain there. Big E is taking me out for dinner and dancing tonight. With everything, I can't help but feel I'm living fairy tale life! I'm grateful for all the love and support expressed as I work through leaving the dream of a baby in May behind me. I'm especially thankful for the testimony I have that God loves me and my family and that even if I don't know the reason for everything, I at least know there is a reason. I'm content not knowing the reason, I'll just revel in the love and warm fuzzies that have come and soothed. My visiting teachers will be over this afternoon, and I was able to spend and afternoon with two women that I visit teach and lend a hand. Truly service does help one have a positive outlook!

2 comments:

Cindy Moran said...

MAry my heart goes out to you and brings back for me the lose of my first pregnancy. I wish you all the best in trying again and I know that you are so right about serving others at times like these. I so wish we were closer but hope you can feel the hug I wish I could give you. You are an inspriation and wonderful mother. I love you.

Mary and Eden Z said...

Aww....thanks. Made me teary! Looking forward to seeing you and your brood at Christmas time!!