Today we officially began homeschooling. Our mornings we spend with Big E as he leaves at lunch time to return to work. Then we take Munchkin to school, come home and put Sprout down for a nap and then do our homeschool work. Today we did printing practice, some science, and research about zebras. We went to the zoo on Saturday and Little Dude was to pick an animal that he wanted to learn more about. He decided on the zebra, we read a little bit about it at the zoo and snapped a photo and then did more research today. Eventually he'll make his own little book all about zebras.
Here we are waiting for the train..
Here it comes!
And off they go.
Sprout and I wandered around until the train came back...we visited with the Emus.
And they're back...we're off to the petting zoo.
They had BABIES!! There's one int he food dish...
And here's a little one venturing out. We even saw one wandering around that still had its' eyes closed!
Boys found a rabbit...
Oh look, another one!
Sprout found the sheep.
They had different chickens..and some pretty ones too, I must say!
Nocturnal skunk...I assume with his 'scent' removed!
Arctic Shores exhibit.
Bone chair for Sprout.
Little Dude explaining to Sprout about sea lions.
And Little Dude's animal of choice, the mighty zebra!
So, I've been thinking a lot about how I'm going to document Little Dude's school progress and have decided that I'll include it in this blog as well as keep a portfolio of his work. I should probably e-mail the school board and ask the facilitator to contact me. I registered way back when and haven't heard a whisper since then. I'm not complaining tons (I like my flexibility and autonomy), but as a first time homeschooler (officially) I'd like them to check in with me. However, I'm happy that we've begun and happy with Little Dude's "I CAN" attitude.
Today Munchkin told me he didn't want to go to school. Big E tried to convince him he wanted to go by telling him if he stayed home he'd have to do school, wash walls, clean toilets, and wash the floor, OH and do the laundry. Munchkin said he wanted to do the laundry and could he stay home! :) So I made the same deal with him that I'd made with Little Dude. Go to school until Halloween, and on that day I'll ask you if you want to stay or not. :) Usually that day is so fun that it's an easy decision for them to stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment