Due in part to the serendipitous birth of a baby a month before, we had family visiting for Thanksgiving. And even though we didn't do anything specifically 'vacation-y' we really enjoyed having them there. I enjoyed having someone to stay up late with! And I'll put up some pictures later. Funniest Thanksgiving Day moment? Big E, "Is the gravy supposed to foam like that?" Me, "What did you put in there?" Big E, "Baking Soda." he says with off hand certainty. Me. "What?!! Why?" Big E, "Well, what are you supposed to put in?" Me, "Corn starch or flour." :) Thank goodness baking soda doesn't ruin gravy...or we would have been very sad. Big E took care of our turkey and did the gravy. Have I mentioned before how glad I am that I've married someone who can cook, clean, do laundry, dishes and is pretty handy? Without these skills my life would be infinitely more complicated. On this Thanksgiving weekend, I am finding myself very thankful for Big E.
On a side note, today Sprout has decided to stand up all by himself. All of a sudden he has figured out how to get from the Mowgli crouch to a full standing position and he'll stay there quite a while. It won't be long before he's learning to put one foot in front of the other. There goes the baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment