Thursday, October 27, 2011

Medical update #2

So Munchkin is still in hospital and his IV has remained in his foot.  On the one hand that's good because he's getting the antibiotics needed in the best way, however on the other hand it means he cannot move around.  Can't walk, go to the bathroom or anything like that.  He is getting tired of not being able to get out of his bed.  If all goes well it looks like he may be out Saturday.

Sprout had an appointment today with an allergist.  Something I'd been trying to get from my doctor....it took a couple of appointments before I'd convinced her I was serious.  :)  So Big E took him in while a friend stayed with Munchkin.  The result?  Sprout is allergic to peanuts, almonds, milk, and eggs.  The peanut allergy was the worst and he has a prescription for an epi-pen.  I'm hopeful he'll grow out of the egg allergy...maybe even the milk allergy.  He'll be seeing a dermatologist sometime in the new year to see if there's anything else we can do about his skin.  Though I'm thinking if we can steer away from all the allergens his eczema may calm down entirely.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Mary, wow, I hope that Munchkin is out of the hospital and home with you. You guys are in my prayers! Love ya.