Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ARG!!!

Why start with photos when you can get right into the rant?  I was upstairs nursing Sprout and the boys were busy downstairs....constructively busy I thought.  Then I came down to the flour disaster.  It was actually a mix of flour, pearl barley and sugar.  UGH.  I made them stay where they were while I ran for the camera to commemorate the occasion and so that there was proof of why they were permanently grounded.  I HAVE CAUSE!!  Wow.  The rant that started on the video continued for the entire time they helped clean up.  Although they didn't clean up 100%, they got most of it.  Then I had them strip on the spot and stuck them in a shower (because baths are fun) and read them a story and straight to bed they went.  Our clean up together didn't take too long, and I had to rant the entire time to rid Little Dude of the impression that this was fun.  I felt like the Incredible Repeating Woman!!  I couldn't think of enough ways to rant about wasted food/money, disappointed parents, yada yada.  So, the clean up could have gone on a bit longer, but I'd honestly run out of rant repeats and was almost smiling to myself trying to come up with more!  Didn't want to undo the ranting work I'd already accomplished and so I sent the boys up to bed.  Surprisingly they went to sleep pretty quickly.  I don't know what I'd have had to keep myself from doing if we'd had a night of silliness and non-sleeping!  Here are the photos...






2 comments:

Cindy Boyd said...

not smiling, not smiling, not smiling!! :) I feel for you! I remember those little moments....

Suzanne said...

Oh my! When I first say the video I though it was paint! Glad I was wrong. lol