Monday, February 7, 2011
no pics
Well, I've been a bit stressed over here lately. I don't notice it normally, but then something happens that highlights just how stressed I am or was. Like yesterday-Big E stayed home from work because he was really sick, and the car wouldn't start. I figured the universe was telling him to stay home and sleep! But I got thinking about what would happen if the new job he'd just started fired him because he hadn't come in to work (and didn't have the number to call and so ended up leaving a message at the human resource office-which isn't open Sunday's). My heart rate increased, my blood pressure rose and I thought, "Wow, I didn't realize I was this stressed." And then today I was reading our credit card statement that came in the mail. They have revamped their statements and they let you know how long it will take to pay off your current balance if you only ever pay the minimum payment and ours said, "It will take a gazillion years and 9 months to pay off your current balance." I went, "EEEEEEeeeeeKKKKKkkkkk." Literally. That's what happened. So I'm trying to take a deep breath and bring myself out of this stressed, depressed, no-motivation slump that I'm in because I don't want my kids around a shlep (I'm not sure if I spelled that right, I heard Stuart McLean use it on CBC radio and decided to adopt the term...hope he doesn't mind) of a mother who just wants to do nothing all day. (Actually I DO want to do something, but I'm not allowed...I want to eat chocolate, drink milk, have yogurt and cheese...and you get the picture, just one more thing for me to be down about.) I think I'm coming out of it but by golly it's not fun, it's even haard. (Yes, I meant to spell that with 2 a's.) I have a bit of 'Lemuel-itis'...for those of you unfamiliar with this, it's based on a person who did a whole heck of a lot of 'murmuring'...also known as complaining. So that's me lately. I'm determined to wake up tomorrow a bit more motivated and a bit more happy and less stressed. We'll see how that goes, in the mean time I keep making chocolate-free brownies (which are FREAKIN' AMAZING) and complaining about gaining weight. I can't have milk and now I have to cut down on my brownie consumption...it just isn't fair.....did I mention that sometimes my compression stocking falls down??....and this is what I mean by Lemuel-itis. Ciao all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment