Saturday, November 13, 2010

update

Well...it's been awhile. Recovery from baby (hereby named Sprout) was going fabulously well until 3 weeks after. Hip felt like I'd stretched a tendon, next day my thigh felt a bit heavy/swollen and the next day I just about passed in the kitchen on the way to the bathroom the pain in my leg was so horrific. A trip to the ER, an ultrasound and we knew that I had a blood clot in my leg extending from my groin to the back of my knee. Who knew blood clots came XXL? I thought they were small dots! So, I had to stay off my leg for 2 weeks, but am now up and moving around with a noticeable limp. But as I continue moving around it seems each morning that my leg feels a bit better. My mom stayed for 3 weeks and then had to return home, 2 days after she left my mother-in-law arrived for her 3 week stay. I'm hoping to get better and show her more of this province than the little town we live in...even though I think our little town is nice. :) Yesterday was the first day I didn't give Sprout a bottle and so we are back to 100% nursing (WAHOO) and he is much happier. Me too....he doesn't spit up NEARLY so much, my clothes are happier with that! He is lovely and weighed 9lbs 13 oz on Tuesday, not bad from his 6lbs 5oz start. :) Speaking of Sprout....he's starting to complain and so I'll sign off. Pictures next time, boys at halloween, and any new ones I can find. :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

So glad to hear that you are doing better! Look forward to pics of the kids!

Cindy Boyd said...

Glad you seem to be on the road to recovery! Love you pics!! xo