So here's the kitchen..While I wished I could have painted the cabinets, money and time were both against me. Who am I to struggle against such an aggressive duo?? It used to be painted off white (awful choice for a kitchen..who created an 'off white'??...someone trying not to offend the KKK?? Yeah, that's how I feel about 'off white'.) Now it is definitely white, I've removed the sunflower boarder that visually cluttered things and am SO much happier with the results.

On to the bathroom...I've shown you the green before. The shower curtain is one that was here when we moved in, it just happens to work perfectly in there now! Anyway, what can I say? When we moved in it was ALL dark 70's wood paneling. We painted it, and painted it. Now it looks a little fresher. Thank goodness...I hate dark bathrooms. Living with one was torture!

Here's the living room. They had painted it this lovely shade of really light sand. It ALMOST looked white (again we're back to my feelings about anything 'off' white), but once you painted white over the sand it glaringly looked dirty. UGH. So, white paint, wall paper and LOTS of restructure on the one wall and voila! I'm quite happy with it...though I do have some carpet spots to clean.

Last but not least, the bedroom. I didn't take a picture of the boys' room as their window was getting hit with the sun making it difficult to get details on camera. That'll come later. So, ignore the laundry on the bed (it is clean) and admire the room. The green wall was that dark wood paneling (yuck), and the walls were an ok white but were kinda beat up. So we patched it all and painted it a 'Mocasin' colour ($7 thanks to the Restore). I didn't think the room would look brighter without the white...but it totally does and feels much warmer. I love it. I wish I'd done this 2 years ago! The shades are also from the Restore..a whopping $6 each. They go not too badly with my great grandma's bedroom set. :) I'll take a picture of the wall on the left that you can't see later. It's the one with the Dollarama decorating...heehee.
No comments:
Post a Comment