Friday, October 17, 2008



Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone!! Here is a picture of Little Dude helping me bake 4 dozen buns for Thanksgiving Dinner. We've missed you and enjoyed visiting with other you's. :) We are a great deal thankful for so many things this year...a warm home, supportive family, transportation, gospel, learning, modern technology and so much more. We don't have a ton of news but we wanted to say hello and share our most exciting news...Munchkin has begun to inch his way around on the floor! I call him my little inch worm. :) He only started doing this in earnest yesterday and today I caught him on film.

We spent Thanksgiving Monday with friends. We ate a Thanksgiving Lunch (with pumpkin cheesecake courtesy of Big E) and a Thanksgiving dinner with pumpkin pie. Big E also baked the turkey and oh boy was it ever yummy. I wish there had been more leftovers!! The turkey soup I made the next day was great thanks to that yummy turkey so I can't complain too much!

We watched movies after and SOME of us fell asleep. :)

Little Dude has been given the ultimatum...if you steal your brother's soother you get a time-out. He stopped using a soother when we were east for the summer and I am not interested in the habit re-establishing itself. Here is a picture on how he gets around that rule. :) Apparently 'sharing' the soother isn't the same as 'stealing'. Too smart! He has also become a complete fish in the water. He wears a vest that provides him some extra flotation but isn't like a life jacket. As soon as he can't touch the bottom he swims and swims well! I'll have to try to get him on camera soon with his swimming technique.

Here's a picture of all my guys playing. They have so much fun together, so glad that Big E enjoys playing with them. Speaking of Big E...he is currently mired in mid-terms. Nerve wracking though it may be, so far he's doing well. We are SO proud of him! He has been working his buns off and it is paying dividends. His latest mark was an essay mark and it was a 3.5 which works out to be right between a B+ (3.2) and an A- (3.7). WAY TO GO!!!

Mostly our lives seem to consist of laundry, studying, dishes, and playing. Sundays we go for walks, Wednesdays we try to go swimming, Tuesdays I run a playgroup and I teach piano Friday mornings. Life is full and for the most part it is a blast!

No comments: