Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Helpful children

Little E has figured out zippers. I didn't think it would take him long, but now he cannot be trusted with zip up sleepers! Here are the pictures of why...





He has also decided that Little B's swing is fun for him too! Luckily he isn't heavy enough to exceed the recommended weight allowance!


I think children should be helpful. They should slowly learn to do all the things that their parents start out doing for them...things like blowing their nose using a kleenex. However a line is crossed once they start doing these things for YOU! The other day little E decided to use a wipe as a kleenex for his decrepit old mom. I wasn't too sure what he was doing until he'd stuffed the twisted wipe up one of my nostrils! Then the other and then he decided to help me blow...and he was none too gentle about it! The 2nd time he tried doing that he was doing a speed wipe and his aim was slightly off...one of his thumbs jabbed itself up one nostril and then he wiped...giving me a nice scratch on the inside of my nose. Thank you little E for learning to blow not only your own nose, but mine as well!



This coming Saturday I am headed to Edmonton. There is a regional youth conference at the Bonnie Doon stake centre. The featured speakers are Russel M. Nelson, his wife and Sheri L. Dew. Quite a package! I am trying to get a few youth living close to me to go...including one young woman who is Laurel age who seems to be on the verge of not being active. I called her and enticed her with little B...who I am bringing with me and really who can resist him? Well, she might be able to...but I'm not sure yet as she hasn't gotten back to me. Here are a couple of irresistible pictures!!


Last Saturday it was so warm our family went for a walk to the park and visited friends. It was lovely and I arrived home with a sunburn! I'd forgotten about sunscreen...nasty stuff. I like lotions...but sunscreen doesn't do much for me...leaves me feeling slimed, protected, but slimed. We had a wonderful time hanging out in the backyard while Eden took apart their swing set...which they have graciously given to us! We also took advantage of their trampoline.


And really...what childhood would be complete without the obligatory, "Here I am in the cupboard" picture? :)


Well people, what a month. The condo sold (and they wanted to push back the closing date for another month!!), our car broke down (the old white one), we have all had some kind of flu, and we've just been going crazy in general. But crazy in a good way. We have even bought a microwave!! YES...we've entered the 20th century (again). I'd forgotten how easy it made things when you could just zap things to thaw them. WAHOO! Each night we have a long list of things to be grateful for in our family prayer. SO many blessings...Thank you all!

1 comment:

mishel said...

Hooray for good weather!!!We parents are so indecisive...we want them to be helpful but we don't want them to be "helpful". Just wait....zippers are only the beginning. Wait til he can open diaper cream by himself!(Blog post coming soon...)