Sunday, April 27, 2008
Home Signs
I'd always kinda wondered how home signs were created. These are signs that aren't ASL signs, they are signs only used in that home..special signs that only that family knows the meaning of. Well, today Little E created one! We were at a friend's house and I'd just finished giving Big E a shoulder massage. I'm sitting on the couch when Little E climbes up and looks at me...puts his fingertips on each of his shoulders and makes a movement...kinda like a chicken flapping their wings. It looked similar to the sign for angel and I'm asking my friend and Big E what on earth he was asking for. He did the sign several times when I'd ask what he wanted. FINALLY (I'm a little slow on the uptake) I realise....HE wants a shoulder massage!! :) So, now he has a shoulder massage sign...too cute. Needless to say he got his massage. Slightly off topic...but really, 2 year old shoulder muscles are pretty little...doesn't take much to massage 'em!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment