

Summer seemed to fly by at an unusual pace! Little Dude started walking and was running by the end of summer. He loves to be outside, and complains bitterly when outside time is done. I decided to start this family blog (after reading my cousin Mishel's) to keep everyone up to date one what's happening. This first posting will be a catch all for what's happened up 'till now. So bear with me while I figure out how this all works! We moved to a little town out West on the first of December and it has been one adventure after another.
Origionaly we were coming out so Big E could work in oil for a year before looking for an electrician apprenticeship. Well, he quickly found out how much he didn't like working in oil, and so decided not to delay the apprenticeship. Well, after months of looking and applying nothing was happening (to the shock of everyone we talked to as the West is going nuts trying to get enough trades people). So, Big E took another look at what he'd planned to do and why. After some agonizing decisions and realizations....he has charted a new course. He is doing some upgrading this year and applying to the pre-dentistry Bachelor of Science program at a nearby college which will take him to university. Once that's completed, he'll be applying for dental schools...and who knows where we'll be then!
So our summer has been spent working and getting ready for fall. We have spent time at the Lake...which is much different from the Ontario lakes I remember! And Little Dude LOVED it...except he didn't much like the sensation of grass or sand on his knees.
We spent Canada Day at my cousin's house with extended family, and Lena (dog)! :) We had an absolute feast and Little Dude learned that a dog's main job is to lick him to death! He has since learned to like dogs, but still isn't entirely impressed with the face licking.
I went to TREK, a youth camp like no other. LDS kids aged 14 to 17 dressed up like pioneers, loaded handcarts, pushed those handcarts for 10 hours to get into camp, slept under a tarp with only a bedroll and ate over a campfire much like the pioneers did. It was amazing. One friend from back east asked, "How many kids complained about that first dinner?" (It was broth and a bun after that 10 hour trek.) My answer.... "NONE!" In fact, the only comment I really heard was, "This is the best broth ever!" LOL...great attitude! They displayed an amazing amount of selflessness and hard work.
Well, that's about it. One day I'll figure out how to get pictures next to the paragraph that refers to them. But for a first posting, this will have to do! :)
2 comments:
yeah!!! Welcome to the blogging world! Thanks for mentioning me, I feel special! I love this for keeping family up to date with pictures and it's great for scrapbooking too cause I can go back to my blog posts for journaling on my pages! So fun and I look forward to reading your blog!
You can click on the picture and just drag it down.
I was impressed by your comment re: trek and the dinner. They really do seem like a great group of kids.
That is a very cute first photo.
Post a Comment