Saturday, October 2, 2010




Here are some photos of Samuel Elijah Zea. Born on Sept 30th at 9:28am, he weighed 6 lbs and 5oz and was 19 inches long. I’ll do a short version of the story and fill more in later as we’re posting this on the fly. I woke up at 6:30 thinking that maybe I was feeling contractions. In about half an hour there was no doubt and the contractions were STRONG. So we made the executive decision to go to a closer hospital as opposed to the one that we had planned to attend with our midwife. We arrived at the hospital at 9am and they told us I was 9 cm (which meant a baby was coming soon…but there would be no epidural), I was in the delivery room at 9:15 and he was born at 9:28am so things were fast and furious and devoid of pain killers! I’ll fill in the funny and interesting details on a later post….like the fact I told everyone I met at the hospital that I needed an epidural as soon as possible…lol. Have a good day, I’m off to feed this cute little one!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Awwww he is awesome Mary!