Wednesday, August 20, 2008
The Long Way Back
A trip across the country is always an exciting/daunting prospect. Going with a toddler and a 6 month old certainly adds to that feeling. Our first night we stopped in to sleep at a hotel called The Comfort Inn...it used to be a Holiday Inn as we could tell from their pool tile...still stamped with the Holiday Inn logo. :) They were going to charge $100! Fortunately we got a bit of a deal and they lowered the price for us. We slept and woke up to take a swim and eat breakfast before heading off. All today as we drove past the lake Little Dude would ask, "a;sdl;ald;flaj...swimming?!?" I've learned it is most useful to pay attention to the last word in his sentance, the rest is not yet understandable! Tonight we are staying at the Days Inn. Next to Lake Superior in a town called Superior. I can look across the bridge and see the lights of Deluth. Today we stopped by the beach along the highway for one of our breaks, drove through a town named Christmas, and had a break at a middle school playground. It's been a good day driving. The beach was fantastic but so sandy and I forgot to put sunscreen on my chest...so it burnt. Nobody else was adversly effected, and all little ones were well slathered. The playground was hot as there was no shade to be found. So we made our own. I'll put in the picture later, we threw a blanket over the fence and sat down in our patch of home-made shade. We expect to be back in Canada tomorrow night sometime. and arriving at home Friday late afternoon. We have been singing lots and I will post pictures as soon as I can find that camera cord....it's hiding in our vehicles. That's right...vehicle-S-! We are each driving back in our own set of wheels. More on that later, but each vehicle is packed to the hilt. I feel like we are moving all over again. Much of comprises of gifts from parents, and garage sale shopping! One of the items is a little 2 wheel bike for Little Dude...and at each break he asks for it! Well, for that and swimming. Munchkin has been a trouper, not complaining when he has to get back into his seat. And not even complaining when Little Dude decides to help him roll over! Longsuffering is a great description for this little Munchkin! Now we are settled into our room, and watching a soccer game between Guatemala and the USA. I'm off to feed Munchkin, catch you all later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment