Sunday, June 8, 2008

Blessings big and small

Ok, I'm still trying to figure out how to get those darn pictures and video up on the last posting. I have not given up and indeed may have found the solution. I'll try it out tomorrow.

I have to share some recent blessings that have popped up in our lives here. Last night I tried to put Little E to bed to no avail. I gave up and with it the dream of some cleaning up and household repairs I was planning to do while he slept. Depressed, I eventually crashed with him in our bed. I figured Big E would finish his game and then come to bed because he is generally unconcerned by unfinished household-ish stuff. When I got up in the middle of the night to nurse Little B, I was not tripping over blocks..I looked around and he had cleaned the livingroom (and vacuumed it), done the kitchen and cleared the computer desk. I almost ran back to bed to kiss that man within an inch of his life I was that happy. Honestly, I married one of the most amazing guys I know. (I figure I get points just for choosing him...what does he get you ask?...my mood swings!! lol.)

Then the next morning I went to Olds. I travel there on Sundays to do some ASL interpreting for a mother and two children who are learning about the church. It was a good day. She REALLY enjoyed the R.S. lesson. Then I had lunch at a member's house before the missionaries came over and taught her a discussion. I told her all about my trials with Canadian Tire and the car and she told me about her truck breaking down. Driving home I realized that having only one car this week was going to be tricky as the boys had some appointments in town during the day. So...it's do-able, but involves Big E taking time off work, driving to get us, driving us in, driving us back, etc. Well, he had a ride home from a member at church...a generous man who when he found out our car died told Big E to drop him off at home and take his vehicle for the month. NO KIDDING! Ok, this is selflessness on a whole other level, one I'm not sure I could reach even standing on a stool! But it certainly gives me something to shoot for in the future. This is SO beyond awesome I don't even know how to explain how grateful, shocked and amazed I am. This must be what it means to have the windows of heaven opened, there is no other explanation. I am trying to think of a special way to express our thankfulness, if any of you have ideas, please send them on! (My best idea at this point is shaping the word THANKYOU out of rice crispie squares....they are a family with some little kids who would enjoy the treat.)

Small blessing?...Little B does not fuss with anyone in Olds. He will fuss later, he will fuss with some family members, but while I am interpreting he does not. What a cute, adorable, blessed little babe. We continue to feel lucky he joined us.

No comments: